About HoCo360

Dubai Cityscape, for Fujifilm Japan

Hi, I'm David Hobby, the ex-journalist behind HoCo360.

I've been a photographer in Howard County for the last 30 years. Until 2008 I was a staff photojournalist with The Baltimore Sun. Now I publish Strobist.com from my home in Ellicott City and teach photojournalism workshops in cities around the world.

Between assignments I partner locally with a variety of Howard-based organizations. I have co-developed visual projects with the Howard County Arts Council, the Howard County Economic Development Authority, the Howard County Conservancy and others.

My current work involves photographing and collecting the stories of people who have moved to Howard County from another country, and whose contributions help to make our community more vibrant and diverse. My goal is to help others to understand how a thriving immigrant community elevates everyone's quality of life.

If you know of a Howard County-based immigrant who might be a good addition to this project, please feel free to contact me via email or Twitter.

Thank you in advance for your help.



______________________________



Baltimore Fencing Club, for Lynda.com


Hanoi, Vietnam, for X-Peditions


Matanzas, Cuba, for X-Peditions


Grand Central Terminal, for Lynda.com


Mezzo Soprano Alexandra Rodrick, for Howard County Arts Council


Cellist Caleb Vaughn-Jones, for Howard County Arts Council


Main Street, Ellicott City, for Fujifilm Japan


Blacksmith Albin Drzewianowski, for Howard County Conservancy


Havana, Cuba for Fujifilm Japan


page counter